Labels

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

USA Budget Deal: Have We Lost Our Collective Wisdom?

Famed Columnist Cal Thomas quoted Proverbs this morning during his radio message. I like the quote.

Wisdom calls aloud in the open air and raises her voice in the public places; she calls out at streetcorners and speaks out at entrances to city gates. “How long, you whose lives have no purpose, will you love thoughtless living? How long will scorners find pleasure in mocking? How long will fools hate knowledge? Repent when I reprove —I will pour out my spirit to you, I will make my words known to you. Because you refused when I called, and no one paid attention when I put out my hand, but instead you neglected my counsel and would not accept my reproof; I, in turn, will laugh at your distress, and mock when terror comes over you —yes, when terror overtakes you like a storm and your disaster approaches like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble assail you. Then they will call me, but I won’t answer; they will seek me earnestly, but they won’t find me. Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of Adonai, they refused my counsel and despised my reproof. So they will bear the consequences of their own way and be overfilled with their own schemes. For the aimless wandering of the thoughtless will kill them, and the smug overconfidence of fools will destroy them; but those who pay attention to me will live securely, untroubled by fear of misfortune.” Proverbs 1:20-33 (CJB)
My opinion: I feel blessed to have been reproved by HaShem years ago. I was busy and wealthy, and now I’m calm and poor.

Now for the bad news-
Economic:

China's State Press Calls for 'Building a de-Americanized World'
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-10-14/chinas-state-press-calls-for-building-a-de-americanized-world

World Leaders Press the U.S. on Fiscal Crisis
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/14/us/warning-of-global-risk-leaders-urge-us-to-solve-its-debt-limit-crisis.html?_r=0

Political: (Why are Muslims on Obama’s side?)
GOP Despotism And The Government Shutdown

Religious:
Christian Apologist Josh McDowell: 3 Cultural Changes That Create the 'Perfect Storm' Against the Church

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment